KWSME can handle your trademark registration in Dubai and across UAE. Our most reliable business support services include helping our clients, whichever way we can, an uncomplicated start of business in the Dubai market. We have a team of highly competent experts and professionals who know the legal system of UAE inside-out. Therefore, we can greatly help you get through the murky and slow-paced world of registration and approvals and get you off for a great start in your business setup in Dubai.
Trademark registration in UAE is quite safe and secure as UAE has been a member of Paris Convention for the Protection of Industrial Property since 1996. UAE government is also keen to follow the International Classification of Good and Services for the Purpose of the Registration of Marks under the Nice Agreement, 10th Edition.
The process for trademark registration in Dubai is as follows:
- An application for initial search must be submitted to the Trademarks Registration Office. Initial investigation will be conducted who will examine the application and check if trademark was registered before or not.
- If trademark has not been registered before, an application with all required documents including the image of the targeted Trademarks will be filed, and the fees must be paid.
- Once approved and accepted by the Registrar, the trademark will get published in two local newspapers and the Trademark Journal. . The Trademark Office will receive the paper cuttings of the notices published in newspapers and the Trademark Journal.
- If there is any opposition to the registration of Trademark, it will have to file a notice against the published trademark within the 30 days from the date the trademark was published.
- The Registrar will make a decision regarding the opposition’s objection to the registration of trademark. Registrar’s decision can be appealed to the Committee and the Committee’s decision can be challenged in the court of law.
- If there is no credible opposition to the registration of trademark, then the trademark is registered and the certificate is issued.
Get in-depth knowledge of the whole process in our blog: How to Register a Trademark in Dubai?