RAK Launches Its 3-Year Tourism Development StrategyKWSME
Destination Strategy 2019-2021
Destination Strategy 2019-2021 is built on the successes of the prior strategy launched by RAKTDA in 2016. The main objectives include,
- To fuel a sustainable tourism drive economic growth in RAK by implementing best practices according to international standards.
- To diversify RAK tourism offerings in order to attract wider segment of tourists and high yield visitors looking for authentic experiences.
- Accelerate local and foreign investments in RAK tourism sector.
- Promote home grown, small and medium enterprises to create employment as well as business opportunities in RAK. This strategy will likely create 10,000 jobs by 2021 in tourism and hospitality sector in RAK.
- In an effort to increase popularity of RAK in domestic and international tourists, RAKTDA will add 5,000 more rooms to the already available 6,500 number in the Emirate with the introduction of major global players in the industry such as, Marriott, Anantara, Sheraton, Rezidor, Movenpick, International and Conrad over the course of the next 3 years.
- By the end of 2021, Ras Al Khaimah aspires to attract about 1.5 million visitors and 3 million visitors by 2025.
- Prioritize sustainable nature-based adventure and authentic cultural experiences.
- Tourism currently contributes five per cent to RAK’s gross domestic product. The emirate aims to grow that to 10 per cent by 2025.
Key Developments in RAK in 2018
One of the key growth milestones of RAK in 2018 was the launch of Jebel Jais Flight-world’s longest zipline on the belt of Jebel Jiais , highest mountain in the UAE. It was a major development that broke the world record and put RAK on the map of hot tourist destinations.
Another major milestone was establishment of a calendar of world class events, and the increase in international partnerships with travel trade through the opening of overseas offices and a series of trade roadshows all through the year.
Ras Al Khaimah’s new tourism strategy will partially also focus on promoting the emirate in targeted international markets. RAKTDA CEO Haitham Mattar said,
“As our tourism offering progresses in Ras Al Khaimah, we must make sure our destination is attractive to travellers who wish to explore beyond the resorts and hotels. With the new destination strategy we intend to diversify and augment visitors’ experiences through differentiated product development.”
Dubai’s Expo 2020 is getting closer and right now, everybody is preparing for Expo 2020. By the end of 2019, Dubai will have 132,000 guest rooms and 164,000 by the time Expo 2020 get underway. This is also the factor that led RAK to add 5,000 guestrooms to its existing supply of 6,500. Other emirates in the UAE also are seeing increased interest from developers. Dubai is the 4th most-visited city in the world and moving forward, there are tremendous business opportunities in Dubai hospitality sector.
Also Read: Top Trends in Hospitality business in Dubai
Along with Dubai, RAKTDA is also on a mission to set its position as the fastest growing tourism destination in the region. With robust visitor demand, solid partnerships, and successful product launches executed over the past few years in RAK, we can definitely say that the emirate will achieve its objective.
If you are looking for tourism business setup in RAK and across UAE, contact our business setup consultants at KWS Middle East. We help in company formation in UAE in limited time and resources. Call at 00971-(04) 871 4313 or send your query at firstname.lastname@example.org.