Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) prides itself on being the heart of international trade activities in the region as it constantly strives to create an ecosystem that promotes trade and business by providing a top-notch friendly infrastructure designed to reduce the cost of doing business and unearthing growth opportunities.
JAFZA is a phenomenal catalyst for phenomenal growth with 7,000 companies & counting from over 100 countries setting up their operations there. JAFZA attracts to its fold more than 20% of UAE’s aggregate FDI, and the total worth of exports from this dynamic business base make a whopping $69 billion. With such a staggering record for economic augmentation, JAFZA aims higher by striving to become the centre of business activities in the region.
In 1996 JAFZA’s unflinching commitment to growth won its first accolade in the form of an ISO certification for its unparalleled business excellence and innovation. JAFZA is built on the mouth of the largest man-made harbor in the world. It is thus located on the cusp of a crossroad of international trade, which makes it a strategically indispensable location for setting up businesses. JAFZA offers businesses an enabling environment unlike any in Dubai with its customized platform for regional & global connectivity, a chance to rub shoulders with successful business leaders, and beautifully simplified options for streamlining your business operations.
Jebel Ali Free Zone Authority (JAFZA) Provides a Variety of Customized Facilities and Products Designed To Meet Business Needs:
- Businesses have a range of leasing options available to them to buy land for business use.
- First-rate showrooms with dedicated warehouses are easily accessible
- JAFZA offers a wide range of warehouses designed to meet capacity needs and manufacturing concerns.
- Office spaces available for short-term and long-term lease
- JAFZA ONE is the top of the line commercial facility available to businesses
- Tailor-made solutions for business growth are also available to those who are looking for them.
- Easy access to business parks designed to meet long term and short term business requirements
- Retail outlets to satisfy the retail requirements of businesses
- Accommodation for labour within the Free Zone
- One stop shop solutions for traders, businessmen, and buyers.
Business setup formation types in Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA)
Depending on the number of shareholders and the nature of business, JAFZA classifies business setup formations into three main categories, which are:
Two options are available to businesses falling under this category
- Free zone Company (FZC)
- Public listed company (PLC)
Free Zone Company (FZC)
A combination of two to twenty-five shareholders is allowed to set up a Free Zone Company in Jebel Ali. The shareholders could be individuals or companies or both. An LLC within the Free Zone will have liabilities limited to the share of the capital of each shareholder.
Public Listed Company (PLC)
A combination of two to twenty-five shareholders is allowed to set up a
Public Listed Company in Jebel Ali. The shareholders could be individuals or companies or both. A PLC is treated as a Limited Liability Partnership in the Free Zone.
A person or a company is allowed to incorporate a Free Zone Establishment Company in Jabel Ali. It will be treated as a limited liability partnership within the Free Zone and the liabilities will be limited to the paid-up capital. A single shareholder’s company is treated differently compared to a company owned by multiple shareholders as it has its own legal identity.
Any existing established entity/ Branch
An established business can set up its branch office in Jebel Ali. It will be fully owned by the business itself.
License types offered in JAFZA
A license is a must for a business to operate in Jabel Ali. A number of licenses are offered by JAFZA.
Trading License: For trading activities
Industrial License: For industrial and manufacturing units.
Service License: For service-based businesses
E-Commerce License: For e-commerce business concerns E-commerce license is available.
National Industrial License: Supports manufacturing units with 51% local ownership requirement.
Innovation License: Businesses conducting R&D activities need to have this license.
Offshore Registration: For setting up an offshore company.
Benefits and incentive of business setup in JAFZA:
- JAFZA allows 100% foreign ownership rights to the business
- Zero percent corporate tax for a period of 50 years, a condition re-awarded after the expiry of 50 years.
- Capital can be repatriated. No questions asked.
- No duties levied on imports, exports, and re-exports
- No policy on imposing income taxes
- Businesses allowed to deal in all forms of currencies
- Foreign employees can be hired
- Easy mortgage facility available to businesses
- Customization options available to businesses and companies
- Cost-effective procedures for company formation and incorporation