How You Can Start a Company in Dubai Production City?KWS Admin
The Dubai Production City also commonly known as the International Media Production Zone (IMPZ), the free zone was established in 2003. It was created to fulfil all the demands of the budding Media and Production Industry of the country. It is currently the most comprehensive media production free zone of the UAE that is dedicated to printing, publishing, and packaging industries. All sorts of media businesses have set up their companies in the production city of Dubai. The Dubai Production City is a principal business hub facilitating global and local corporations. It gives amenities pertaining to business, retail, and residential lifestyle to the business owners established in this location.
The DPC free zone profit from free zone privileges and guidelines that expedite the ease of doing business and processes, it forms a unique and energetic community that supports and nurture the growth of media production.
Benefits of Business Setup in DPC
Every free zone in Dubai presents a particular set of advantages. They are –
- A hundred per cent foreign ownership
- A hundred per cent exemption from personal and corporate tax for 50 years
- 0 per cent customs duty for goods and services
- Well recognized global, regional, and local industry players
- Excellent business environment
- The hassle-free and straightforward business setup process
- Uncomplicated legal framework and company laws
- Cluster working environment rendering interaction and cooperation
- 100% repatriation of capital invested and profits earned
Kinds of Corporate Entities in DPC
The different kinds of business structures in the Dubai Production City Free Zone are listed below :
- Free Zone Limited Liability Company – A Free Zone Limited Liability Company or FZ-LLC is developed as a separate legal entity, with stockholders as individuals and corporates.
- Branch – A branch or a subsidiary office is not a legal entity separate from its origin company. It is a business structure, a place of business that creates a legitimately subordinate part of the origin firm. It conveys all or some of the activities inherent in the parents. Here share resources are not required.
- Freelance Permit – The freelance license gives its holder the capability to do business as a freelance expert. The license recognizes an individual as a sole practitioner. It enables you to handle your business in your birth name as opposed to the brand name.
Activities Permitted in Production City Free Zone
Every free zone has a set of procedures sanctioned for investors through which conduct they will conduct their businesses. They are as follows:
- Import and Export
- Support services
- Digital and Newspaper Printing
- Commercial and Industrial Printing
- Online Publishing and Electronic Content
Depending on the business activity the business owner wishes to conduct, there are various kinds of Business licenses that one can apply for.
Steps of Starting a Business in Dubai Production City Free Zone
The primary step to setting up a company in Media Production Zone is to choose a proper type of corporate entity. Foreign investors may pick among the variety mentioned above of structures. The most business entity selected in this free zone is the Limited Liability Company as it presents a specific degree of independence concerning the shareholding structure.
The next step is to get initial approval from the free zone authority to register a company in the free zone.
After you receive the approval, present the legal documents for business registration. The documents include –
- Form for business registration
- Specifications of all the stakeholders, managers and directors
- Filled copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Board resolution
- Passport copies of managers and shareholders
- Proof of share capital
- Registration and license fee
- Certificate of Authorization for GSO
After you present the required documents, you will get a client confirmation letter after which you can make the needed payments
The next step is to get a Trade license and Certificate of Registration.
You have now successfully registered your business in Dubai Free Zone. After you have finished with the registration process, you can now start with the post-registration procedure such as renting an office space, getting visas for your workers etc.
At KWS Middle East, we help our clients with company incorporation in Dubai and its free zones. Our business setup consultants are well-versed with the legal formalities and can execute this process in a hassle-free manner. Contact us today to get more information on how to start a company in Dubai.