Dubai was established as a business city in order to provide the region with a strong business hub. The city has been successful in becoming exactly what it was planned to be. The world class business infrastructure attracted all the top businesses from the world which are now operating successfully in Dubai.
The role of free zones in the development of a business city that we call Dubai cannot be undermined either. The strategy of providing investors with business opportunities in these free zones has worked wonders and it is one of the reasons why the city has been able to flourish so quickly.
From roads and transport to business centers and support services, all aspects of the business world have been taken care of in Dubai and companies have been welcomed to start their operations. One of the many free zones that have had a part to play in the growth of business in Dubai is the Fujairah Free Zone, which is also known as the Fujairah creative city. The access of the businesses in the Dubai free zone to the sea port as well as an international airport is what has made it so important. Businesses require logistics and travel services and those working in the Fujairah Free Zone are at a big advantage due to their proximity to the air and sea port.
Types of license in Fujairah Creative City
The Fujairah Creative City has been developed with a plan in mind and that is why policies related to it are different when you compare them to policies of other free zones. Apart from the other licenses, Baby business license, freelancers’ license and commercial license are being offered for companies wanting to operate in this zone. The first license type, the Baby business license is used by new and small businesses. These small businesses have low setup and operating costs. The second type of license is for freelancers who believe their freedom from a corporate environment is more important than anything. The Freelancer Plan allows you to offer your specialized services to any business or client that requires them. The third type, commercial business license, has been discussed many a times and it is required by businesses which provide specialized professional services to their clients such as insurance.
Advantages offered by Creative City
Like all other free zones, the Creative City also offers investors and businessmen advantages that they have always been looking for. Demand of free zones has grown only because of the advantages that they have been able to provide businesses with. The benefits of setting up a business in the creative city have made it even more profitable for investors to invest in such free zones.
Let’s look at some of the advantages offered to every business setup Dubai by this particular free zone.
- Company registration process is easy and quick.
- Immigration and Visa services are offered to the businesses.
- Predesigned and customized office spaces are available for businesses.
- A range of licenses is available for companies to choose according to their requirements.
- Business center can be accessed whenever required.
Salient features of companies in Fujairah Free Zone
Companies have lots of advantages to enjoy when they are operating within the boundaries of the Fujairah Free Zone. It is these advantages that have made the free zone a popular destination for investors and businessmen. These advantages are a result of the business friendly policies adopted by the authorities. Businesses have been provided with ease in different processes and operations so that frictions can be reduced and business activity is made smooth. Some of the salient features for companies operating in this free zone are listed below.
- Investors can fully own the company that they incorporate in the free zone.
- All infrastructures are fully developed for businesses to use.
- All earnings can be repatriated to the home country easily.
- Seaport and airport are very close to free zone, allowing an extra advantage to businesses.
- Companies are exempted from paying taxes to the government.
- Companies involved in importing or exporting are not liable to pay relevant duties.
- Environment and policies are such that they encourage business growth and development.
- Low costs of operating a business have also attracted investment for the free zone.
- The environment has been made safe for investment through policies and regulations.